Charlotte is a specialist employment lawyer who advises employers and employees on all areas of employment law. She has previously worked in-house (in both the public and private sectors) and in a national law firm which has given Charlotte a unique understanding of workplace issues. Charlotte provides pragmatic advice and works alongside clients to devise strategic solutions to employment law issues.
Charlotte’s areas of expertise include:
- Raising and defending personal grievances;
- Restructures and redundancies;
- Employment agreements and policies;
- Collective bargaining and other union issues;
- Workplace investigations;
- Health and Safety;
- Privacy and Human Rights;
- Negotiating exit packages for senior employees;
- Representing clients at mediation and in the Employment Relations Authority; and
- Presenting training on employment law issues.
- Advised on major corporate restructures including off-shoring and out-sourcing;
- Conducted complex workplace employment investigations into allegations of bullying and harassment;
- Successfully represented employers in unjustified dismissal and restraint of trade cases;
- Created and presented training on all areas of employment law;
- Drafted and reviewed employment agreements and policies, including adapting documents for international companies to ensure they comply with New Zealand employment laws.
Charlotte is on the Circa Theatre Council and has previously been Chairperson of the Young and Hungry Arts Trust and a trustee of the Fringe Arts Trust.
Phone: 04 472 5579
PA: Suzanne Mackley