ATTENTION BUSINESS OWNERS/OPERATORS
“TESTING THE WATERS” – STAFFING OPTIONS IN AN UNCERTAIN ECONOMIC CLIMATE
5.30 pm Tuesday 20 November at Victoria University’s Karori Campus, Donald Street, Karori, Room PFK3.
What staffing options are available to businesses as an alternative to taking on a full or part-time employee? Is it possible to ‘test the waters’?
Bartlett Law is holding a free employment law seminar aimed at small to medium businesses. It will take about an hour and be followed by time for questions.
The seminar will cover:
- Offers of employment – when is an offer of employment accepted? What happens if the agreement is not recorded in writing?
- Casual employees – what is a casual employee? What is the distinction between a casual employee and a part time employee?
- Fixed term employees – what is a fixed term employee? When are fixed terms available to employers? What are the formalities required?
- Trial periods – what is the effect of a trial period? How long can a trial period be for? What are the formalities required to invoke a trial period?
- Independent contractors – what is the difference between a contractor and employee? What are an employer’s obligations to a contractor? What happens if there is a dispute about status?
To register, e-mail us at or visit our website at www.bartlettlaw.co.nz
Download the flyer here and please feel free to distribute.